Tigers agree to 1-year deal with Hardy, avoiding arbitration
- Dodgers 3B Turner breaks wrist on HBP
- Yanks, BoSox may meet in London in 2019
- Greinke won't start Diamondbacks' opener
- Braves send down top prospect Acuna
- Yankees OF Ellsbury to open season on DL
DETROIT (AP) The Detroit Tigers have agreed to a one-year contract with left-hander Blaine Hardy, avoiding arbitration with the 30-year-old reliever.
The Tigers also announced Saturday that they have signed right-handers Kevin Comer and Mark Montgomery, infielder Niko Goodrum and outfielder-first baseman Chad Huffman to minor league contracts for the 2018 season. Those four players also received invites to major league spring training.
Hardy went 1-0 with a 5.94 ERA in 35 games for Detroit in 2017.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
Updated November 25, 2017
Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS is strictly prohibited.