Tigers aren't tendering contract to reliever Bruce Rondon
- Phils, 1B Santana agree to 3 yrs., $60M
- Angels land INF Cozart for 3 years, $38M
- Giants trade LHP Moore to Rangers
- HOF Rose defamation lawsuit dismissed
- Reliever Rondon, Astros agree to deal
DETROIT (AP) The Detroit Tigers are not tendering a contract to right-hander Bruce Rondon.
The team announced that decision Friday night. Rondon was once considered a top candidate to be Detroit's closer, but he has only seven saves in his major league career, which began in 2013. He is 8-7 with a 5.00 ERA in 123 appearances.
The 26-year-old reliever went 1-3 with a 10.91 ERA in 21 games last season.
Rondon is now a free agent, and the Tigers have 38 players on their 40-man roster.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
Updated December 1, 2017
Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS is strictly prohibited.