Padres sign Erlin, tender contracts to 39 players for 2018
- Harper edges Schwarber to win HR Derby
- Scherzer vs. Sale to start All-Star Game
- DeGrom wants to talk contract with Mets
- Machado won't let trade talk spoil fun
- DeGrom, Severino to pitch second
SAN DIEGO (AP) The Padres have signed left-hander Robbie Erlin to a major league deal and tendered contracts to 39 players for the 2018 season.
San Diego general manager A.J. Preller announced the moves Friday night.
The Padres avoided salary arbitration with the 27-year-old Erlin by agreeing to pay him $650,000 while in the major leagues and $272,500 in the minors.
Erlin missed all of the 2017 season after having Tommy John surgery. He is 9-12 with a 4.54 ERA in 30 games (25 starts) over four big league seasons.
With Friday's moves, the Padres have a full 40-man roster.
Updated December 1, 2017
Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS is strictly prohibited.